Re: [Xen-users] Does Xen-unstable support PAE now ?

From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: "she11c0de she11c0de" <she11c0de@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ernst Bachmann
<e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Does Xen-unstable support PAE now ?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:02:51 +0100

On Sunday 10 July 2005 12:26, Ernst Bachmann wrote:
> Maybe you can enable PAE while compiling the hypervisor?

I think the plan was to (eventually) have a Xen that worked on in both
modes
(?)  I'm not sure attempts to use PAE on big memory machines will work yet
because PAE support is not complete.

> Other, possibly way faster solution:
> your Xeons support EM64T, right? why not run the hypervisor in 64 bit
mode,
> so it can access all your ram without using dirty tricks like PAE? But
I'm
> not sure if one can run 32 bit guests in a 64 bit xen...

Yes, my server's cpu is dual Xeon with EM64T. i think this a good idea, but
our company have plenty application developed on 32 bit environment :(

You can't run 32 bit guests on 64 bit for now.  It *might* happen later if
there's sufficient interest / motivation.

Cheers,
Mark