Re: [Xen-users] broadcast from domain-0 not reaching guest

Am Donnerstag, den 14.07.2005, 12:50 +0200 schrieb Ernst Bachmann:
> Hi,
> On Thursday 14 July 2005 12:44, wolpers wrote:
>
> > I got Xen working on my machine using the packages that come with
> > Fedora Core 4, but I got one problem:  broadcast packages sent from
> > Domain-0 will not reach the guest os.  The rest seems to work perfectly.
> >
> > broadcast from guest reaches LAN.
> > broadcast from LAN(but not Domain-0) reaches guest.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to get this working?
>
> Works here.
>
> Can you check "ifconfig" if you have an IP Adress assigned to your eth device?
> the IP should be set only on the bridge and not on the eth0 device inside it,
> so the kernel has no way to choose the "wrong" interface to send out
> broadcasts.
>
> /Ernst

Hi,
thx for your quick response.  Yes, after doing the 'xend start' ifconfig
shows that the eth0 and xen-br0 have the same inet address as well as
the same broadcast address.  the netmask is different (255.255.255.0 for
eth0 and 255.255.255.255 for xen-br0).

While trying to find out how to get rid of the address configuration for
eth0 I found out that a plain restart of eth0  (ifdown/ifup eth0) does
the trick for me.

This is quite confusing but I am able to repress that for a long
while ;)

Thorsten.