Re: [Xen-users] Mtu/802.1Q limits on vif ??

Nuno Silva a écrit :

> Yann Dupont wrote:
>
> [..]
>
>> The idea is to get the 802.1Q port on the Router6 host (via the bridge),
>> and then use virtual interfaces (eth1.xxx where xxx are the vlan ID)
>> inside the XenU.
>>
>> Well, it works, only if I use mtu 1496 for the vifs.
>> I know the physical interfaces (eepro1000) can cope with vlan natively.
>> Don't know for the bridge code but i'm not aware of limitations there.
>

> This happens on real hardware too. The usual workaround is to set the
> eth0 to MTU 1504. Like this you can set the vlans to 1500.

Well, I Tried lots of things ( raise the MTU on physicall interface
(dom0) , on the bridge (dom0), on the vifs (dom0/domU), etc etc)
neither of this works (various errors).

Don't know where the limitation is : bridge or xen vif.

I'll now go for PCI virtualisation, as I really don't have usage of THIS
physical interface on dom0.
I bet this will work.

Thanks for your answer,

--
Yann Dupont, Cri de l'université de Nantes
Tel: 02.51.12.53.91 - Fax: 02.51.12.58.60 - Yann.Dupont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx