[Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] lo doesn't come up]

Sten,
  The 'auto lo' itself wont do it. Do you have 'iface lo inet loopback' on
the next line? If that doesnt help you may want to try configuring it as a
static ip at 127.0.0.1 Also as a quick fix(you probably know this) you
should be able to 'ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1' after boot and have it
work(dirty hack = put this in rc.local or whatever the debian equivalent is.)

Hope this helps.
John

> Thomas LohmÃller wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> debootstrap doesn't generate the following config-files:
>> - /etc/fstab
>> - /etc/apt/sources.list
>> - /etc/network/interfaces
>>
>> To get the loopback interface, just add
>>     auto lo
>>     iface lo inet loopback
>> to /etc/network/interfaces and write "ifup lo" or reboot the guest.
>
> sorry, I should have said; I did all that. Even with "auto lo" in the
file, lo doesn't come up. All my other interfaces seem like they do.