Re: [Xen-users] SMP support - not working!

On Thursday 21 July 2005 14:28, Shahzad Chohan wrote:
> I'm trying to work on multiple things, basically in this case when I
> boot up with the 2.6.11 xen kernel, it only see's one cpu, I thought
> that xen by default was smp enabled. How can I enable smp support for
> the xen0 kernel?

xen is smp enabled, but only the hypervisor itself, not the guests.
so if you have 4 CPUs, you can run 4 guests and each will have its own CPU,
but (currently) you can't assign more than one CPU to a guest.

Its a planned feature however, maybe its working in some xen-unstable
snapshots ...

/Ernst