Re: [Xen-users] how to create image file ?

Hi,
I think I see what seems to be your problem (assuming the image file is ok).
You've created your image file in /temp (/dev/sda2) but specified it as
being in /root.
I'm unsure as to your intention, as I guess your xen-domain is too! :)

>     mount /dev/sda2   /temp       // /dev/sda2 have enough space
>     dd if=/dev/sda7   of=/temp/sda7.imge bs=64k

right, so you're copying the filesystem in /dev/sda7 to an image called
sda7.imge ['e' a typo?] in /temp (/dev/sda2)

[snip]

> disk = ['file:/root/sda2.img,sda2,w']

without changing anything else, perhaps, 'file:/temp/sda7.imge,sda2,w'
would work?
[snip]

> root = "/dev/sda2 rw"

Note that this isn't talking about the /dev/sda2 in the dom0,
it's telling the domU where it's root is (the file you've exported as sda2)

[snip]

> Error: Error creating domain: vbd: Segment not found:
> uname=file:/root/sda2.img

see?

Marcus.