Re: [Xen-users] runlevels

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 18:50, Arijit Ganguly wrote:

> I am booting my Xen domain 0 with a debian root. It turns out that
> irrespective of the run-level specified in /etc/initab, I am booting into
> runlevel 5. My X display is terrible, so I decided to settle for runlevel
> 3.
>
> I modified the entry in /etc/initab, but still booting into runlevel 5.

The Runlevel specified in the kernel boot commandline overrides whatever is
specified as default in /etc/inittab

check your grub config, and remove the runlevel set there, like

kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=131072
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11.10-xen 5 root=/dev/hda1

becomes

kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=131072
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11.10-xen root=/dev/hda1

you can check with
cat /proc/cmdline
in your dom0 wether there was actually a runlevel set on boot.

/Ernst