Re: [Xen-users] Maximal RAM reservation for Linux-Dom0

Jean-Christophe Guillain writes:
Subhabrata Bhattacharya writes:
Hi,
I need to know if there is any formula(e) to compute the MAXIMUM
amount of memory I can allocate to host a Domain 0 hosted on
Linux-2.6.11, presuming I don't intend to run any guest domains on the
host.

If you don't intend to run any guest domains on the host, I don't see why you can't use your whole memory for dom0... But why do you want to use an Xen kernel in this case ?

But I think that it would be interesting to know how to calculate the amount of memory we can't allocate to any domain when we have several ones running (xen0 + xenUs)... What it depends on ?

***
Jean-Christophe Guillain Num. Agrostar : 01 44 29 91 55
jcg@xxxxxxxxxx - 06 61 52 20 76
http://www.adviseo.fr - http://www.open-sp.fr