Re: [Xen-users] Small distro for DomU?

Hi all,

I've been playing with this issue a bit lately.
I started with debian sarge, and using cdebootstrap a typical 'standard'
install tends to be about 175MB ... far too big and memory hungry for
my requirements. No way can I get that down to the <25MB range! :)
Now I've got uclibc's buildroot working, and have just managed a
boot of a minimal rootfs.
Here are some of the more interesting stats for those interested:

# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:         5868 kB
MemFree:          2904 kB

# df
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda3                 7.7M      4.7M      2.6M  65% /
tmpfs                     2.9M     12.0k      2.9M   0% /tmp

# uname -a
Linux uclibc 2.6.11.12-xenU #1 Tue Aug 9 12:07:52 EST 2005 i686 unknown

Time to add functionality to the new toy ;)

Marcus.