Re: [Xen-users] firewall xenU woes (help would be appreciated)

Hi Marcus,

I have the dummy module loaded on dom0 and several dummy interfaces
which show up with ifconfig.  They are configured as follows:

auto dummy0
iface dummy0 inet static
        address 192.168.254.1
        netmask 255.255.255.248
        network 192.168.254.0
        broadcast 192.168.254.7
        gateway 192.168.254.6
        post-up brctl addbr xen-br0 || true
        post-up brctl addif xen-br0 dummy0 || true
        post-up brctl delif xen-br0 dummy0 || true

Additional bridges configured in same manner.

Without intervention dom0 boots with 4 dummy interfaces
(dummy0,dummy1,etc.) and xen-br0.  This is apparent from ifconfig.
The additional bridges, however, do not load w/o intervention.  I have
to use the brctl command as per the above /etc/network/interfaces.

In /etc/xen/scripts/network I have the bridges mapped to the dummy
devices as so:

bridge=${bridge:-xen-br0}
netdev=${netdev:-dummy0}
bridge=${bridge:-xen-br1}
netdev=${netdev:-dummy1}

It is worth noting that the routing table shows something like the
following (having only brought up xen-br0 and xen-br1):

192.168.254.16 0.0.0.0       255.255.255.248 dummy2
192.168.254.24 0.0.0.0       255.255.255.248 dummy3
192.168.254.0  0.0.0.0       255.255.255.248 xen-br0
192.168.254.8  0.0.0.0       255.255.255.248 xen-br1
0.0.0.0        192.168.254.6 0.0.0.0         xen-br0

Does this look sound?

Also note that /proc/net/dev only shows network activity for dummy0 and
xen-br0 -- none for xen-br1 even though I have pinged the associated
address and attempt to have domU1 use xen-br1 (vif = 'backend=fw,
brige=xen-br1' ].

What else do you need from me to help troubleshoot?

Adam