Re: [Xen-users] Loopback connetion issue

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for reading me.

Yes, the loopback interface exist in the domU.
I think the problem is not only related to this single interface but to
the whole ip stack of my VM domain-1.
For example, the ip of eth0 in domain-1 is 192.168.1.211.
Pinging it from domain-0 is ok.
Pinging it from domain-1 give me an error (illegal argument)

Another precision, i am using a bridge for domain-1

Any clues ?
Have I missed a parameter in my configuration ?

> Hi Rodolphe,
>
> Have you confirmed that the loopback interface exists in the domU?
>
> ifconfig lo
>
> Perhaps you haven't configured it?
>
> Marcus.
>
> Rodolphe Guillard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm experiencing some troubles with an application in a VM (domain-1)
>> which needs to connect too itself via the loopback interface.
>> It seems that the connection process hang during the TCP handshake.
>>
>> I have a running web server in this VM which run perfectly.
>> Logged in Domain-1, i've tried to reach the webserver with telnet but
>> the same problem happens.
>> Even pinging the loopback interface give me en error (Illegal Argument)
>>
>> Connecting to the webserver or pinging domain-1 works from domain-0 and
>> from other box of my LAN.
>>
>> Have someone ever experienced this kind of problem ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ALCIDIAN Solutions
>> Expert syst�mes et r�seaux
>>
>> Email:  rodolphe@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rodolphe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>