Re: [Xen-users] Question about stability 32bit chroot and xen 2.0.7

Ian Pratt wrote:

I can compile xen 3.0 to boot DomU in 64 bit mode.
and set Linux-2.6-xenU to architecture x86 instead of x86_64? Question is if i can boot with the xen3 kernel 64 bit and the domU xen32 bit. That's not possible as i understand from your answer.

My solution, could work, indeed you don't need a chroot, but you should just setup your domU partitions with a x86 release of linux. But your stuck with a unstable kernel in that way.

Running a 64b guest kernel on a 32b file system works just fine. "uname
-a" reports x86_64, but other than that you wouldn't know the
difference.

Ian

But i want it the other way around. I want to run a stable 64 bit server
(debian-amd64 stable) with a stable xen (2.0.7) but, 2.0.7
doesn't support 64 bit's. Is there a way i still can use 2.0.7 AND make
use of debian-amd64-stable.

There is another catch (maybe an advantage) I have to recompile it
myself to
change some kernel-config settings and recompile at least the kernels.

Can this be done?

kind regards,

Robin van Leeuwen