Re: [Xen-users] Re: PXE-booting Xen

Daniel Netzer <daniel.netzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi. Does this PXE booting work together with YAST autoinstall feature? We
> currently install some machines via "autoyast" and like to use the environment
> for booting and installing XEN domUs too.

Hmm, domU or dom0?  You can't pxe-boot domU ...

Well, you can hack up some script (running on dom0) which fetches
images from the boot server using some tftp client, then boots them.

Not sure whenever installing domU's with yast actually works, but you
can try the following: build a xen kernel with everything you need
statically compiled in (some filesystems: cramfs, ext2, nfs when using
that as install source, whatever fs you want to use for install, maybe
lvm/raid, CONFIG_PACKET for the dhcp client, maybe more I don't
remember).  Use the initrd from the first CD / DVD:
boot/loader/initrd, check boot/loader/isolinux.cfg for kernel
parameters.

  Gerd

--
panic("it works"); /* avoid being flooded with debug messages */