Re: [Xen-users] mkinitrd

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 14:03, Stephan Böni wrote:
> I've compiled xen without any problems. but now i have to create an initrd
> file. When i use the command mkinitrd (without any options) the i've got
> some errors:
>
> # mkinitrd
> Root device:    /dev/sda3 (mounted on / as reiserfs)
> Module list:    ata_piix mptbase mptscsih qla2300 reiserfs
>
> Kernel image:   /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11.12-xen0
> Initrd image:   /boot/initrd-2.6.11.12-xen0
> Shared libs:    lib/ld-2.3.4.so lib/libblkid.so.1.0 lib/libc.so.6
> lib/libselinux .so.1 lib/libuuid.so.1.2
> No modules.pcimap file found
> Cannot determine dependencies of module ata_piix. Is modules.dep up to
> date? Cannot determine dependencies of module mptbase. Is modules.dep up to
> date? Cannot determine dependencies of module mptscsih. Is modules.dep up
> to date? Cannot determine dependencies of module qla2300. Is modules.dep up
> to date? Cannot determine dependencies of module reiserfs. Is modules.dep
> up to date? Driver modules:
> none
> Filesystem modules:
> Including:      klibc initramfs udev fsck.reiserfs
> 5068 blocks
>
> What do i wrong?

You'll have to run "depmod" on your xen-kernel-modules to get the modules.dep
file required by mkinitrd.

if you can boot into xen0 without your initrd, a simple "depmod" call should
do the trick, otherwise you'll have to supply the kernel version for your xen
kernel to it, like when your modules are in /lib/modules/2.6.11.12-xen,
call "depmod 2.6.11.12-xen"

/Ernst