[Xen-users] Re: Problems using NAT in Xen 3.0

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 03:34 pm, Ian Pratt wrote:
> It may be a problem with h/w checksum offload. Please can you try using
> ethtool to disable checksum offload on all interfaces.

On dom0, trying 'ethtool -K <interface> rx off' and/or 'ethtool -K <interface>
tx off' returns 'Operation not supported' on all interfaces except lo, where
they were already off.
On domU, trying 'ethtool -K eth0 rx off' also surprisingly (at least for me,
who don't quite understand how these things work) returns 'Operation not
supported'. However...

'ethtool -K eth0 tx off' did the trick!!!

I've just run a 'yum -y update' on a FC4 x86-64 SMP domU machine (after I
finish setting them up, I plan to run my domU's in single CPU configurations,
but this time I run it as dual CPU just for bragging rights :-)). Xen rocks!

Ian, thank you very much!

- Roberto