[Xen-users] ssh from dom0 to domU

Hey,

I'm having a bit of difficulty sshing from Dom0 to DomU and vice versa, my
setup is as follows;

Xen-3.0-unstable, XenLinux kernel 2.6.12

Dom0 on Redhat EL 4

Dom1 on SuSE linux 9.1 (with the standard xenU kernel included with
xen-unstable)

The server it runs on doesnt have a nic installed (well it does, just
without drivers)

the suse config file sets the eth0 interface up as follows;

nics = 1
ip = "10.0.0.3"
netmask = "255.255.255.0"
gateway = "10.0.0.2"

and I have to set the Dom0 vif1.0 interface up myself using;

ifconfig vif1.0 10.0.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

Now...

When I ping either way the network connection seems fine (i.e. ping
10.0.0.2 from DomU and vice versa), and ssh works fine on both domains
from both the loopback interface and the vnic ip addresses. However when I
try to ssh either way from Dom0 to DomU or DomU to Dom0, it fails
somewhere. Looking at the verbose output from the ssh command shows that
the domains are connecting to one another and doing a netstat -a on either
domain after attempting an ssh shows that there is indeed a connection
between the two, but somewhere along the line the packets are not getting
through. Basically I'm just not getting a password prompt.

Could anybody give me a little insight into why this is failing? I've also
tried vncserver/vncviewer both ways and this too fails in a similar
fashion.

Apologies for the lack of actual output but I'm currently not sitting by
the server.

Now the main aim of this whole thing is to eventually vnc into a windows
vmx domain I'm trying to set up on my VT enabled platform, I have a
bootable (using qemu at least) hard disk image of windows and I guess
vncing into it after doing a 'xm create -f winimg.cfg' is the right way of
doing things?

Thanks in advance,

John