Re: [Xen-users] Using bonding-device bond0 for Xen

Hello,

I'm still running into problems with bonding.
When I boot the server, everything seems to be fine and I have no problems
with network connectivity. I can reach XenU und also reach the outside
world from XenU. However, after a while of doing nothing with the virtual
Machines (about 10-15 minutes) the network connection is gone.
I can't reach XenU anymore and when logging in through xm console I can't
reach any other IP Address from within the XenU.
Do you have any idea, what the reason for this behavour might be?

This is the network config of my Xen0:

auto br-bond0
iface br-bond0 inet static
        address 193.168.142.120
        gateway 193.168.142.1
        network 193.168.142.0
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
        pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth1 up
        pre-up /sbin/ifconfig bond0 up
        pre-up /sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth0
        pre-up /sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth1
        pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addbr br-bond0
        pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addif br-bond0 bond0
        pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl stp br-bond0 off
        pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl setfd br-bond0 0

and this is the XenU-Config:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 193.168.142.122
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 193.168.142.1
        network 193.168.142.0

I disabled the /etc/xen/scripts/network script (with exit 0 in the
beginning).
Is there anything else I have to add manually?

Regards
Richard Mayer