Re: [Xen-users] RHAS 4.0 and Xen

Ghe Rivero wrote:

Hello everyone!
I'm trying to install RHAS 4.0 as a domU image on Xen. Almost
everything is working now, but it already need to manual interaction to
boot. It doesn't find the sda1 disk (a file.img on dom0)

[/sbin/fsck.ext3 (1) -- /] fsck.ext3 -a /dev/sda1
/dev/sda1:
filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate
superblock:
   e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

ext2fs_check_if_mount: Input/output error while determining
whether /dev/sda1 is mounted.
fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/sda1
[FAILED]

*** An error occurred during the file system check.
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue):

But if as root, i MAKEDEV the sda1, remount it on / and run "init 3"
almost everything works properly.

Anyone knows how to resolve this?

I guess this is the udev issue. Udev is not yet running when mounting the root partition, so you need to have an initrd containing the dev entries.

Read here: (6.2. Why does Fedora Core 3 stop working...)
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq#head-ea8b39d71e49cc16d287257de4c482f99d883097

You have to add a ramdisk="/boot/..." to your domain configuration file. The initrd file must contain the device nodes.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold