Re: [Xen-users] xm shutdown & xm destroy won't get rid of VM

I too have this problem:

   # xm list

   Name              Id  Mem(MB)  CPU VCPU(s)  State  Time(s)
   Domain-0           0       91    0      1   r----   6753.9
   lick              11        0    0      1   ----c      0.3
   lick              11        0    0      1   ----c      0.3
   lmon               4      255    0      1   -b---  34997.5
   lots               5      191    0      1   -b---   5210.1
   loud               6      511    0      1   -----   6138.4

In my case this happened after I ran out of memory in the lick domU (no swap was setup yet). The oom-killer hosed the domU. Even the console. So I tried to destroy and start another. It was then that I did an xm list, to my horror.

Eric Brown wrote:
I tried "xm shutdown" and then "xm destroy", my listing still shows:

$ xm list
Name Id Mem(MB) CPU State Time(s) Console
Domain-0 0 156 0 r---- 766.2
asgtest0 9 0 3 -b--- 1.2 9609
debianarchive 15 255 1 -b--- 6.4 9615

What should i do to get rid of asgtest0?

Thanks!

Michael J. Baysek Systems Analyst
Carnegie Mellon University, Auton Lab
http://www.autonlab.org