Re: [Xen-users] xen and 64 bit host OSes

> Am Donnerstag, 15. September 2005 16:33 schrieb Konstantinos Pachopoulos:
> > 1) Can i install a x86 32-bit xen kernel on x86_64 pc,
> > without problems?
>
> I tried it but got no running system.

Should work - what version of Xen were you using?

> So I used the x86_64 Xen 3.0 unstable
> Version. Other difficulty: I have two Xeon CPUs and the standard Xen 3.0
> only uses one of them without hyperthreading...

That's pretty weird - when did you try this?  If it was a while ago, it could
have been before Xen OSes could support SMP internally (Xen itself has always
supported balancing multiple UP guests over several CPUs).

It really *should* work on the unstable tree now, since it's in pre-release
stabilisation.  Can you try again with the latest unstable?  If it doesn't
work, now would be a good time to let us know ;-)

> Maybe some has some ideas with that arch? I want to use it productive and
> therefore it should be stable...

We want Xen 3.0 to support the vast majority of x86 and x86_64 machines.  We
should run on almost anything native Linux works on.

Cheers,
Mark