Re: [Xen-users] Re: What's the magic to compile a unified dom0 and domU kernel image?

The trick for me was to be sure that I included ARCH=xen in EVERY make
line when building the kernel.

make ARCH=xen menuconfig
make ARCH=xen modules
make ARCH=xen -j 6

etc.

You may need to start over again with your original config file AND to
run a make mrproper if you have not been using ARCH=xen everywhere.