RE: [Xen-users] Windows on Xen+VT

> I had serious speed issues using the vnc options...
> BUT...
> If you put 'stdvga=1' into the config file and disable vnc,
> it opens up the viewer window automatically and provides a
> significant performance boost to
> windows...:)

It sounds like you're running without the memory mapped Cirrus Logic
driver patches. I thought these were in mainline, but maybe not. The
patch speeds graphics up by 3-4 decimal orders of magnitude! (Without
the patch, drawing each pixel involves 10's of thousands of cycles)

There's still work to do on Windows performance on Xen, but the primary
objective has to be to make it rock solid stable. We can then worry
about tuning and turning off debuging etc.

Ian