Re: [Xen-users] Re: What's the magic to compile a unified dom0 and domU kernel image?

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 21:53 +0200, Markus Schuster wrote:
> David F Barrera schrieb:
> > I am assuming that you have dom0 working. Why can't you just use the
> > xen0 kernel to boot up domU?
>
> Yep, dom0 is working. And it's the question I'd like to find an answer
> for why I can't use that kernel image for my domUs.
> As I said, I've one .config that works and one that doesn't work. My
> question is why. I want to use XEN in a production environment (as 3.0
> gets stable) and I really want to know what could be the problem.
>
> Greetings,
> Markus

The kernel for a dum0 and domU are very different.

Just take a look at the choices you get when choosing compile options,
that will probably tell a large portion of the story.

If you want exact differences pour over the source code, hell just diff
the two tree's for that matter.

Regards,
Ted