Re: [Xen-users] mixing 2.6 / 2.4 kernels lots of fun

Ok I've got a lot further now...!

I've decided to give up on the FC4 rpms and use the Xen 2.0.7 binaries
and now I have SME and OpenFiler up and running but I'm getting a lot of
errors.

Maybe someone can help a little here:

1- Booting Dual Xeon with: and I get no SMP support ??

title Xen-Dom0
kernel /xen-2.0.7.gz dom0_mem=258048  watchdog noreboot  max_loop=128
module /vmlinuz-2.6.11-xen0 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
module /initrd-2.6.11.12-xen0

---> Also I'm getting lot of little errors I.e no serial mouse no audio
etc..!

2- Openfiler is based on Cenot 3.4 and uses a 2.4 Kernel, so in oder to
get LVM support I had to boot this domU with vmlinuz-2.4.30-xen0
yes I know it a dom0 kernel but the domU doesn't provide lvm support

---> I guess I'm going to have to build my own kernels Does anyone have
good notes on how to do this on FC4 and config files for kernel 2.4/2.6
dom0/domU

3- The SME server is up but deadly slow CPU utilization is ~60% and it
complains about bad mount attributes use quotas and when trying to apply
firewall rules. (missing modules)

----> Again I guess I nned to compile my own kernels ---> help please

4- I'd like to get kqemu installed on my dom0/domU kernel and have a vm
running qemu + windows has anyone been success full with this ? and how
did you guys do it ?

Thanks in advance