Re: [Xen-users] booting domU with current xen-unstable?

> If you want to use LVM make sure the kernel supports it, very easy to
> miss that setting. Also it appears you need to have scsi support in your

Oh, my trouble wasn't in configuring it, my trouble was probably LVM in
dom0 running out of memory and taking the whole machine down... very
annoying to say the least. The lack of concrete details on _how much_
memory dom0 required was a tad frustrating.

> domU as well,

I don't believe that is true, as that would imply that your domU kernel
has to change depending on whether you call the device hda1 or sdd3 ...
AFAIK, the domU gets "virtual block device" support, and the parameters
passed to the kernel are just labels used to find the right virtual block
device(s).

> and whatever filesystem /dev/sdd3 make sure that domU has

yes, obviously the domU needs to be able to understand the filesystem on
the block device, but AFAIK, the problem was the timeout with the block
device.

> support for that as well. Make sure your domU's fstab jive's with the
> config. You can try ##xen on irc and put some stuff up at pastebin to
> get help as well.
>
> For kicks what happens if you use a loop image instead of a partition?

dunno. The fact that the xen 2 and xen 3 kernels overwrite each other when
running the install scripts makes it a tich uncomfortable to switch back
and forth between versions.

I'll try to find time to check it.

tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   | How often I found where I should be going
http://BareMetal.com/  | only by setting out for somewhere else.
web hosting since '95  | -- R. Buckminster Fuller