[Xen-users] network in general, when routed when bridged?

Hi all

I'm now a little bit confused with networking. When should be bridging used? And When should be the routed network used? When I have one public IP address, and for the domU-s I would have private ones (192.168....) then can I use bridged network? Unfortunetly in docu I cannot see enough info for the routed network settings (probably they assume that one is familiar with networking :))
Thnx for the answers

George