Re: [Xen-users] Re: Installing a new domU

Hi,

> Holy cow! We never envisaged anyone using whole-disk and partition
> imports on the same disk at the same time.
>
> Any reason not to just export an LVM volume as a whole disk and then
> partition it internally?
>

> Ian

At first I was planning to do exactly that, but accidentally I made a
mistake, I booted from /dev/hda1 instead of /dev/sda1, and noticed that
the installer was writing to my initrd file instead of my LVM volume...
So I started from scratch but now used this feature to my advantage :-)
The advantage of this approach is that now I can still mount my xen
disk image very easily on my dom0, and also I am still able to resize
the partition(s) using LVM tools, and resize_reiserfs.
I don't think I will need the hda sparse file anymore after the install,
but I just keep it around for now.

Mark.