Re: [Xen-users] Mounting swap fails in domU (badiane)

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 12:09 -0400, Guy wrote:
> Has anyone experienced a swap failing to be mounted in domU's?
>
> I created a LVM swap space, ran mkswap and made it available on the same
> line as the root partition (also on LVM) in each of the domU's config file.
>
> But it fails to be mounted and I'm running without swap space.  That
> wouldn't be too much of a problem if I had a lot of mem to play with but
> it's unfortunately not the case.
>
> Support for swap is compiled into the domU's kernel and it's written to
> the fstab of the domU's.
>
> Could it be that the partition is of type 82?  I'm pulling stuff from
> thin air here.
>
> I would appreciate some help in resolving this problem.
>
> Badiane

I had the same problem, did you run the mkswap from the domU?

Have you rebooted the dom0?

Don't know why, but this fixed a problem I had with Debian 3.1 guests
using the jaitime.org images. No other distro I have tried seem to have
had this problem.

Regards,
Ted