Re: [Xen-users] Run xen with a dual boot system

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 10:58, dclemen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi, I have a system with Debian and Wxp. I like debian, but sometimes I
> need to run wxp (work issues), and I have to stop debin, reboot and select
> wxp in grub to start it.<br /><br />I will like to get wxp on a
> &quot;virtual machine&quot; over my debian. I don't want a 100% virtual
> wxp, because, I maybe need to reboor and start only with wxp.<br /><br />Is
> this posible with Xen?. I read some problems with windows licences, but in
> this case, I have my own windows licence installed, so I think this is not
> estÃs! Descarga GRATIS el nuevo <a
> href="http://busca.wanadoo.es/toolbar2";>miniWanadoo</a>

I doubt your windows license allows you to modify the windows kernel to work
nicely under xen, and if it would, the modified windows won't work on the
bare hardware any more.

You'll have to wait for CPUs with hardware virtualization support, which then
would allow to run unmodified windows. Still a dual boot setup might prove
problematic, last time I checked windows had quite some issues with its
hardware changing every second boot.

/Ernst