Re: [Xen-users] Pacifica/VT

> What Windows versions will be supported using Xen running on a Pacifica/VT
> enabled CPU?

I think the plan is for WinXP and Win2K3 Server to run...  WinXP certainly
runs under VT now, although there are still fixes and optimisations necessary
to get things where we want them.

In theory, other Windows versions (and other random OSes) ought to work.
Certainly, I think the Linuxes and BSDs are known to work happily.  Some
people will probably want to run ancient Windows versions on Xen in order to
migrate really old servers to a new machine.

> Also, will it be possible to run a i386 OS virtually inside Xen when
> running a AMD64 host os?

Intel are certainly planning to support 32-bit VTX on a 64-bit host - somebody
from AMD would have to comment on their plans for this (if they can at this
stage).

Cheers,
Mark