Re: [Xen-users] FC4 as Dom0 and Sarge as DomU

Felipe Franciosi schrieb:

Hello there,

I'm using the binaries from people.redhat.com/riel (xen and kernel-xen0) for
my domain 0, which runs FC4. Now I would like to run a Debian Sarge as a
domU, but I'm unsure about the compatibility issues between this setup.

Did anyone manage to get a similar setup working? Which kernel should I use
for the domU?
As far as I understood there should be no additonal problem compared to having Sarge in dom0 and domU. You can use Xen sources to compile a domU kernel and have it run a Debian Sarge. The only important thing is that the compile options of dom0 and domU fit (simple example: having PAE=yes in one and not in the other does not work). So you have to look at the xen part of the config file, that is all.

Dirk