Re: [Xen-users] XEN Network Configuration Problem

Michael WALSER wrote:
Hi,

I'm running RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 (RHEL4) on my Server and I use XEN for
virtualizes my Firewall (based on IP-COP) on the same machine.
The problem now is hat XEN associates always eth0 of domU with my NIC (eth0)
on dom0. When I want to use my dom0 as DMZ host, I have to associate eth0 in my dom0
with eth1 in my domU as shown below. The eth0 in my domU should be a
physical interface in my system.

Dom0                            domU
Eth0            <--->             eth1
                                eth0            <--->     Physical Interface
(00:13.0)

How can I configure XEN's network in this way?

If I understand you right, you cannot do this (yet) in xen-unstable (pre-3.0).
We do not support physical PCI devices in domU at this time.

thanks,
Nivedita