RE: [Xen-users] XEN Network Configuration Problem

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Michael WALSER" <m.walser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:33:51 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:26:59 +0000

> Hi Michael,
>
> there was a long thread "Ideal(istic) xen firewall design" on this list
> which discussed many aspects of these designs.
>
> Have a look at the archives.
>
> Dirk

Thanks, I read the Thread. But my problem is not so complicated, I Think.
I did it like Markus:
--> 2 Network-Interfaces (all 2 hidden from dom0 and configured in domU
(PCI-Entry in the Config File (etc/xen/ipcop))
--> 1 (Default Configured) Ethernet-Bride on XEN (2.0.7 Stable) (eth0)
should be the DMZ-Connection (eth1 in the domU).

How can I modify the Interface Numbers. Everything works fine, but the IPCOP
scripts are written as so that eth0 is always the LAN-Interface, but the
Bridge to the DOM0 should have eth1 instead of eth0, because dom0 should be
my DMZ-Host.

That means that I do not change the Bridge-Configuration or anything like
that. I only want to change the name of the interfaces EHT0 <--> ETH1.
But I cannot Modify ETH0 cause it is fixed in domU.

What do I have to change to give the "Bridge" the name eth1 and one of the
configured NICs eth0.

Michael