Re: [Xen-users] dual vif per domain troubles

Luca Sacchi wrote:

Hi, You problem is here:

atlas:~# ip maddr
2:      dummy0
      link  01:00:5e:00:00:01
3:      eth0
      link  01:00:5e:00:00:01
4:      xen-br0
      link  01:00:5e:00:00:01
You cannot have same mac on different interfaces.
You must know the ISO stack

level 1  - the wire
level 2 - the logical control level (mac address)
level 3 - the network (tcp/ip)
level 4 and so on ....

The packet go on the wire , looks for the right  physical address (or
media address or mac address) then the packet go trought the tcp
stack.

You must assign a differen mac address to each interface!

Sorry for my bad English but I know deeply only French and Italian

regards

luca
That's weird, because ifconfig says that the macs are different

dummy0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 9E:59:F0:3C:81:8F
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:50:BF:D6:57:38
xen-br0   Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:50:BF:D6:57:38

Well actually xenbr0 has the same mac :S

Something really weird is going on in those xen network scripts ...

Patrick