[Xen-users] eth0 configuration problem

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: LianQiao <lianqiao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:13:44 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 06:10:51 +0000

Hi:

I have tried install domU linux in dom0 by "-o loop" mounting the
virtual disk (both SuSE 9.3 and Fedora Core 4 are tried). It runs in
trouble. After I boot into domU and try ifup eth0 in domU, it reports
that there are no configuration for eth0. But when I try to config
network in domU, e.g. use YaST from SuSE, it reports that ethernet
card not found. :( Can anyone tell me how to solve this?

I have also tried to boot domU with disk image from xendemo CD, the
eth0 in domU works. So I think the xen host and dom0 config is
correct, the only wrong resides in domU.

A similar problem happens when I try to install domU linux from CD.
Followed the post in this mail list, I boot Fedora Core 4 installer
successfully. But the installer alerts that no disk drive hardware
found. :(

I am just wondering how xen emulate these hardwares. Is there any
document tell about these? thank you.

-qiao