[Xen-users] using Xen as a span

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Richard Sperry" <sysop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 02:43:27 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:54:33 +0000

I am trying to find a way to use Xen as the core for an appliance. We need to send the syslogs and SQL to two sources, but the application only provides one location.

can xen route all traiffic on ethx to two xen instances?

or can it be set to y.y.y.x ip  be mirrored as suck above?

one thought was to HA failover using an IP sec tun, but that seams to complicate things, instead of one machine doing it.

Or if anyone knows a way to mirror the traffic on a single machine using openvpn to send the data to a remote loc.

--rich