Re: [Xen-users] Xen driver domain...character device?

Another point: it doesn't matter what kind of device (character, block, etc)
if you're exporting at the PCI level.

In contrast at the virtual device level there's not a standard way of
exporting a device, although I understand there are some standard means of
exporting a tape backup device to the network.  If it performs OK, you may
find it simpler to do this rather than PCI device assignment.

Cheers,
Mark