Re: [Xen-users] Unable to start domain based on ubuntu filesystem

On Sunday 06 November 2005 17:03, Ricardo wrote:
> I recently installed Ubuntu 4.05 Hoary on a separate partition (JFS
> filesystem), installed Xen on it, and then dd'ed the filesystem into a
> file (ubuntu.img).  I also created the requisite config file, which I
> have included in this e-mail.  When I try to run it using xm create -c
> ubuntu, I get the following error:
>
> IP-Config: Incomplete network configuration information.
> jfs_mount: Mount Failure: File System Dirty.
> Mount JFS Failure: -22
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
> unknown-block(3,1)
>

> ************ REMOTE CONSOLE EXITED *****************
>
> Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on here and how I can fix it?
> -Ricardo-

Was the filesystem mounted when you dd'ed it?

Can you boot the domU directly from the seperate partition you used to prepare
the image?

Can you fsck.jfs the /etc/xen/images/ubuntu.img file?

Can you loopback mount the image file inside dom0?

/Ernst