[Xen-users] Re: Linux on Windows

Juergen Weber wrote:
I can find nothing about the option of running Linux
on Windows, i.e. your desktop would be windows with
Linux running on Xen on Windows.

There is no need to change Windows, there'd only need
to be drivers to base a virtualized Linux on.

Not true. The way Xen works, even the Dom0 OS needs to be modified so that it can run under the hypervisor; indeed, it needs heavier modifications than the DomUs do.

While Windows will run under Xen as a DomU once hardware virtualization support is available, I would be rather suprised if it could be used as a Dom0 even then without a quite considerable amount of work.