Re: [Xen-users] NFS Problem NEWBIE HELP URGEND!!!!!

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> DIEDERIT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
>
> >Hi, NFS won't start with xen under RHEL4.

no, some "stuff" related to NFS version 4, id mapping won't start... I
believe you can run NFS 2 and NFS 3 just fine without idmapd ... that
said, the fix is below.

> >How can i fix this problem.
> >I have already included the sunrpc module and the nfs modulke in my
> >/lib/modules/2.6.11.12-xen0 folder and created a new ramdisk
> >mkinitrd --with=nfs --with=sunrpc /boot/initrdxen2.0.7.img 2.6.11.12-xen0
> >I alway get the error message
> >
> >[root@ingpcxen002 ~]# service nfs start
> >Starting NFS services: [ OK ]
> >Starting NFS quotas: [ OK ]
> >Starting NFS daemon: [FAILED]
> >Starting NFS mountd: [ OK ]
> >Starting RPC idmapd: FATAL: Module sunrpc not found.
> >FATAL: Error running install command for sunrpc
> >

> What happens if you manually load it with modutils?

AFAIK, he won't be able to... sunrpc as a module seems to be specific to
redhat derived kernels...

This link, including the message being quoted seems to cover the fix:

  http://linux-nfs.org/pipermail/nfsv4/2005-July/002246.html

I'd be a little more definitive, but one of the development servers I was
testing this stuff on is offsite and offline.

-Tom