Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] MRPROPER?

On Friday 18 November 2005 19:53, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> Molle Bestefich schrieb:
> > Hello
> >
> > It seems to me that running 'make mrproper' in a Xen-modified
> > kernel source causes the Xen-specific menus in 'make menuconfig' to
> > disappear and be replaced by the standard stuff. Not sure why.
> >
> > I'm going to do a patch against Gentoo that always disables
> > MRPROPER when compiling kernels for Xen.
> >
> > I'd like to hear if anyone thinks this is the wrong/right approach
> > or has any comments...
>
> Hi,

Strange, running gentoo here, with xen-sources-2.6.12.5-r2 emerged, and make
mrproper doesn't do any harm.

Maybe its possible that somehow you lost the "ARCH=xen" line in top of your
Makefile with mrproper, and didn't specify it when running make menuconfig?

/Ernst