Re: [Xen-users] Gentoo and Xen 3, pyhton problems

On Saturday 19 November 2005 17:53, Ian P. Christian wrote:

> Problem was pyhton modules were being installed into /usr/lib/python, where
> as on gentoo they sohuld be in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/, I
> symlinked them in and thigns work now.  however... how can I change the
> install process to install it properly in future?

Not sure how you managed to do that... on my xen/gentoo boxes, all python
packages were installed in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages, didn't have to
touch a thing for that.

If you were installing from source instead of using an ebuild, maybe setting
"XEN_PYTHON_NATIVE_INSTALL=1" when installing might help, like:
make XEN_PYTHON_NATIVE_INSTALL=1 install

HTH
/Ernst