Re: [Xen-users] Raidproblem booting dom0

my understanding is that you want to hide the complexities from domU
systems... so if you want the domU to have a raid1 filesystem, you export
the raid1 device to the domU but call it /dev/sda1 or something like
that... so the domU just sees a block device, it doesn't need to know that
it is actually a raid1 mirror.

Obviously, you can go the other way, and let it see both partitions and do
the mirroring itself, but it is _much_ simpler to just show the domU a
simple block device.

-Tom

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Jan Peters-Anders wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am just at the beginning of installing Xen. After two days of trying I
> finally managed to boot the xen0 kernel. Now I am trying to create my first
> domain. Since the system is a Raid system, I know there is a problem with my
> root entry (I had these problems with the xen0 kernel as well in the
> beginning) I receive this error message when trying to create the domain
> with "xm create -c xmjan1 vmid=1"  (system is FC4 on Dell 450 WS, 2 CPUs,
> SATA Raid, 2GB RAM):

<snip>