[Xen-users] Advice on OS/Xen Combination

Hi there,

I run a system with multiple linux instances under UML and am looking to phase this out in favour of a Xen based solution. The hardware is a Dual Xeon 2.4 / 4GB Dram, RAID 5 system with an Intel main board and the tasks in the instances are not particularly heavy.

I've previously tried the Suse 9.3 packaged version, which ran just fine. More recently, I tried the FC4 Xens and had very little luck making it work at all. I'd appreciate any pointers on which distribution would best support the system; as much as possible I'd like to be 'out of the box' on this for supportability reasons.

If I had a wish list, I'd be wanting:
* It to be solid above all else
* VLAN Support to segment the network
* The ability to run *BSD instances as well as others
* GFS Support in Dom0 to cluster a couple of machines and create some failover

Ambitious, I know, but I need to dream :) .  Experiences anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Tony