Re: [Xen-users] Keeping time in dom0 and domU

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 09:53:24AM +0500, Timur Irmatov wrote:
> At the moment, clock in dom0 is about 8 minutes ahead of real time,
> and I see in logs that ntp server is slowly correcting it (something
> about half a minute per day).. But I don't see a clock in domU
> changing.. There is a difference between what date says on these
> machines..
>
> It seems that clock in domU is not updated.. By the way,
> independent_wallclock is set to 0, and I cannot set time through "date
> -s" in domU..
>
> Any suggestions?

Use the ntp.org <http://www.ntp.org/> NTP server instead.  OpenNTPD
keeps the clock in sync for dom0, but fails to update for any domU's.

You won't need to deal with independent_wallclock in domU after
switching.

--
Alex Tomkins <tomkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blazingfast networks - Xen powered virtual servers from £10/month