Re: [Xen-users] Recommended hardware?

It's been about 6 months since I last installed Xen and that was on
a P4 machine.  How's amd64 support coming along?  Is it wise at this
stage to pick an amd64-based server?

AMD64 support will be part of the 3.0 release, so it should work fine.

If staying 32-bit then how is PAE support?  My P4 machine has 2GB
RAM so I get to see it all, but if I specced a 32-bit machine with
4GB am I going to be able to see it all?

PAE support is also part of the 3.0 release, and is looking pretty stable for people now. It should also work fine. Note that PAE Xen uses a different interface to x86_64 Xen and x86_32 Xen: you won't be able to run normal 32-bit Xen guests on it.

You won't see all of 4Gig without PAE (although how much you see depends on how your firmware configures your memory-mapped IO regions). With PAE you should be able to use all of it.

Cheers,
Mark

I'm in UK and will be hosting same place as xensource.com.  What
hardware do you guys use?

Anyone using Dell SC1425s?

Cheers,
Andy