RE: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 amd64 crash... seems to be tied into disk i/o,> 4 gig ram

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Ian Pratt wrote:

> Looking at thhe oops message, this is with a 3ware card, right?
> We've had at least one other report of them causing problems on systems
> with >4GB enabled (or maybe it was you?)

Yes, I am (or was) using a 3ware controller, since the on board sata
controller is a marvell one, and the native linux drivers seem flaky as
can be. I've only had the 3ware card for about a week, and don't believe I
have written about it. I was going to ask on this list about the MCE,
since I don't know of a better list for asking questions about big opteron
systems.

-Tom

> Ian
>
> > This seems to be a repeatable crash. just do some disk
> > intensive stuff in domU and then type "sync" :(
> >
> > The box is a dual opteron 720, with 8 gig of ram, one domU
> > and (duh) one dom0, both with aprox 500 meg of RAM allocated.

<snip>