Re: [Xen-users] vifname?

>Is it possible to edit the scripts to name the vif based on the
>domain's name rather than its id number (which changes)?

It looks like you can't, here is the 'env' output for vif-bridge script:
SUBSYSTEM=xen-backend
XENBUS_TYPE=vif
DEVPATH=/devices/xen-backend/vif-15-0
XENBUS_FRONTEND_ID=15
script=/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge
vif=vif15.0
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/etc/xen/scripts:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
ACTION="">
PWD=/etc/hotplug
LANG=POSIX
XENBUS_PATH=backend/vif/15/0
XENBUS_BASE_PATH=backend/vif
HOME=/
SHLVL=3
PHYSDEVDRIVER=vif
PHYSDEVBUS=xen-backend
SEQNUM=975
_=/usr/bin/env

As far as I can understand it, the interface name is set in environment, but it looks like it's already created before this script is invoked. I checked all other scripts and none of them seems to launch vif-bridge. So my last guess is it's in xend python sources.

I would like to name vif as I wish too, so I would be interested if anyone got a solution.

Christophe PAINCHAUD