[Xen-users] Fastest way to get a Xen server running

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Rickard Borgmäster <doktorn@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:46:03 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:55:22 +0000

Hello,

Next week I must set up a Xen server for some demonstration and testing. Time is very limited so I need a good (updated and working!) tutorial/reference to do it. There are more or less no special requirements for this setup, other that it will run dom0 + a couple of linux domU's. Well, there is one requirement, and that is to get "as little junk as possible" in dom0/U. The lesser unneeded services the better.

Do you have any recommendations? I've found this:
http://www.option-c.com/xwiki/Xen_Debian_Quick_Start

And that guide seems to be able to get my up'n'running with dom0 quite fast. How about domU?

Until now I've been doing tests with the bootable LiveCD. But I need an installed system where I can alter configuration and investigate it's effects.

Thanks in advance,

Rickard Borgmäster