Re: [Xen-users] domU's with large storage needs

Bill Kelly <billk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm wondering how folks configure disk space for domU's with
> large storage needs.  I'm just reading about LVM.  But can a
> domU run in a partition?  Or does it always run out of a .img
> file?

The docs say (somewhere) that you can use pretty much
every block device as a device for your domUs storage (as
well as image files, of course).

LVM is used very often in order to virtualize various
"storage sources" like network block devices,
ata-over-ethernet devices, harddisks, raid-devices, etc.

> If my domU needed 50GB disk space, would I need to make a
> 50GB .img file?  Are there other approaches?

A logical volume would be my first choice (for flexibility
reasons).

by
Töns
--